Like a lot of Americans you likely received your annual delivery of girl scout cookies – and not that they aren’t delicious on their own – BUT – try this little gem of a recipe to adultify them! This sweet treat is a great accompaniament to April’s The Sip article “The Burning River in a Small Glass” – an incredibly informative narrative on tequila.
yield: makes 2 milkshakes, active time 10 minutes, total time 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups chocolate ice cream (about 12 ounces / 4 medium scoops)
- 1/2 cup mint chip ice cream (about 3 ounces / 1 medium scoop)
- 1 ounces peppermint schnapps or Peppermint Cinnamon Schnapps
- 1 ounce blanco tequila
- 16 Thin Mint cookies, plus additional for garnish
- Garnish: whipped cream and crumbled Thin Mints
Add milk and cocoa powder to a blender and blend until well mixed.
Add chocolate ice cream and mint chip ice cream, mint schnapps, tequila, and Thin Mints to blender. Purée until smooth. Divide between serving glasses. Garnish with whipped cream and crumbled Thin Mints.